Fun and affordable childcare during summer or after school
for your 5–11 year-old
Camp ¡Vámonos! is now enrolling for
June 6th – August 19th, 2016
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
After-School Care is now enrolling for
August 22, 2016 – June 1, 2017 (except holidays)
Monday through Friday, 2:57 pm – 6:00 pm
- Camp ¡Vámonos! is a bilingual camp in Austin, Texas, centrally located in a private home in the Crestview neighborhood.
- Megan Baker, owner and counselor, is a bilingual mom with more than 25 years of childcare experience.
- A wholesome environment that has the raw materials for unhurried fun and effortless learning.
- Fun daily outings.
- Summer or spring break rate of $185 per week. $175 per week for returning families.
- After-school care rate of $250 per month.
- For information or questions, visit the contact page.
The Philosophy of Camp Vamonos!
At Camp Vamonos!, kids can do what kids have done throughout history: test themselves in their environment by climbing, jumping, swinging, stretching and roughhousing. By doing so, they learn their strengths and weaknesses, ways to improve the things they want to, and how to engage in physical play without hurting themselves or others. They learn skills they will need as adults: persistence, resourcefulness, and decision-making, all of which promote good executive functioning. Camp Vamonos! believes that children’s direct interaction with their world, as well as opportunities to make decisions, are critical experiences that will serve them throughout their lives, but which are increasingly missing from childhood. That’s why CV campers are encouraged to use their bodies, their minds and their good sense throughout the course of the camp day.