Fun and affordable childcare during spring break, summer or after school
for your 5–11 year-old
Camp ¡Vámonos! is now enrolling for
June 5th – June 23rd
July 10th – August 25th
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
After-School Care is now enrolling for the school year beginning on
August 22, 2017
Monday through Friday, 2:57 pm – 6:00 pm
- Camp ¡Vámonos! is a bilingual camp in Austin, Texas, centrally located in a private home in the Crestview neighborhood.
- Megan Baker, owner and counselor, is a bilingual mom with more than 25 years of childcare experience.
- A wholesome environment that has the raw materials for unhurried fun and effortless learning.
- Fun daily outings.
- Summer and spring break rate of $185 per week; $175 per week for returning families.
- After-school care rate of $250 per month.
- For information or questions, visit the contact page.
The Philosophy of Camp Vamonos!
At Camp Vamonos!, kids can do what kids have done throughout history: test themselves in their environment by climbing, jumping, swinging, stretching and roughhousing. By doing so, they learn their strengths and weaknesses, ways to improve what they want to, and how to engage in physical play without hurting themselves or others. They learn skills they will need as adults: persistence, resourcefulness, and decision-making, all of which promote good executive functioning. Camp Vamonos! believes that children’s direct interaction with their world, as well as opportunities to make decisions, are critical experiences that will serve them throughout their lives, but which are increasingly missing from childhood. That’s why CV! campers are encouraged to use their bodies, their minds and their good sense throughout the course of the camp day.
My son loved Ms. Megan’s camp. He told me about all the cool toys in the house like Foosball and air hockey and the hammock outside. He also enjoyed getting to walk to the pool or the park and take public transportation to places like the movie theater. My son thought Ms. Megan was “really nice” and said he made tons of new friends. I really liked the camp because the kids played, interacted and did a variety of things each day. The camp had a homey feeling which helped him make new friends and it did not feel institutional like school. Megan was really easy to work with on any details and I felt my son was in very good hands.