At Camp ¡Vámonos! spring break and summer camps, children are active, while being safe in the sun. We walk and use public transportation (bus and train) for our outings, so campers learn pedestrian safety as well.
Throughout the camp day, I speak Spanish to the campers in contexts where they are most likely to understand and remember it: those with visual references, repeated situations, and those calling for the imperative. We also play Loteria (Mexican bingo.)
About Megan Baker
I am a bilingual mom with more than 25 years of childcare experience and a love of fun. I believe in helping kids rediscover good old-fashioned, low-tech fun and resourcefulness.
Camp ¡Vámonos! spring break and summer camp in Austin, Texas is centrally located in the Crestview neighborhood. Click here for a detailed map.
Fees and Policies
- $185 per week or $175 per week for returning families. This includes fees for activities and public transportation.
- Non-refundable deposit of 50% due upon registration. Balance due on first day of attendance, no exceptions.
- Deposits and fees are non-refundable.
- Parents provide lunch and healthy snacks for campers.
- Campers are asked to leave toys and electronics at home.